Thursday, January 22, 2009

What's That White Stuff???

Flying into Salt Lake City provided some beautiful scenery


About the only downside was that we chose the morning of the opening day of the Sundance Film Festival to fly in. The airport was PACKED!!!!! Somehow we managed to find our bags and Kendra rescued us from the mayhem.

The white stuff turned out to be something called snow! Then I remembered that I had seen it in December of 2007.

We had to stop by Cabela's which is the biggest & coolest hunting & camping store I have ever seen!

The stuff was piled everywhere!

On Friday, Jeff drove the 5 of us up to the cabin which is in the mountains above Heber.


We were in Utah for a week and it did not snow while we were there BUT it had snowed just before we arrived and they were expecting more snow right after we left.

Now you KNOW that a guy in his late 50's (who has never played in the snow) would know better than to go outside with the intent to go sledding & tubing down the snow and ice covered roads. I mean what couple, at this stage of their lives, would be dumb enough to try and keep up with their kids?????



F to B
Keith, Stacia, John, Katie & Kendra form a train
Jeff took the pic while Jack kept us from sliding downhill until we were ready!


This is from the bottom, looking uphill as Katie starts her run with the tube!

LOOK-OUT!!! here she comes!
And there she goes!!!!


My camera batteries went dead at this point so we don't have any more pics of our tubing & sledding. I can say for sure that I'll think twice before challenging Keith to a downhill sled race again!!!!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Glad you were able to experience so many different adventures.