Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wellington Cruisers?

A couple of people have inquired into the status of the reunion cruise in 2010. Here's what's going on.

Strike 1
Several months ago the Hostetler's were planning a family reunion cruise in 2009. If it happened, they wouldn't be able to go on the 2010 cruise. AND EVERYONE KNOWS YOU CANNOT HAVE A PARTY WITHOUT THE HOSTETLERS!

Strike 2
Also Katie has informed me that she doesn't want to go on any more cruises because she wants to use all of her vacation time to visit our children and Grandchildren (by 2010 there may be more). Katie loves to cruise almost as much as I do but she has a limited amount of vacation time.

Strike 3
Plus the economy has taken a nose dive and some people may not now be able to go.

This left the possibility of a reunion cruise on "Life Support".

Recently, a couple of things have changed.

#1 The Hostetler reunion cruise fell through, so they are still available.

#2 The cruise lines are cutting prices and adding incentatives to get passangers.

Even though Katie still does not want to use her vacation days for a cruise, I've grown rather fond of her and decided to keep her around. Katie may change her mind about going although we all know that women NEVER change their minds! So here's what I'll do! I will act as your cruise director even though I'm probably not going to get to go. I'll organize everything, keep you all informed and answer all the questions. I'll kinda be the central information hub. You are all my friends and I would be glad to do this for you and I enjoy doing this.


As of now, this is what the list looks like:

READY TO GO!
*Ron & Shauna
*Joel & Melba
*David & Cathi
*Jason & Holly
*
*

WANTS TO GO IF POSSIBLE
*Doug & Sharon
*Curt & Carmen
*
*

INTERESTED & WILL CONSIDER
*Miguel & Liz
*Nikolas & Emily
*Bill & Loretta

*
*
REMEMBER That This Cruise Isn't Until Fall of 2010
A lot can happen between now and then.

The original blog address is:
www.wellingtoncruisers.blogspot.com

I put tons of information and pictures at that address.


As for 2010:

It is still too far in the future to investigate cruise schedules and prices let alone book a cabin. But the reunion cruise will probably be in October since the original cruise in 2005 was in October. Using 2009 as an example, the following prices are for the cheapest cabins PPDO:

OCT. $349 5-Day $759 7-Day Enchantment
NOV. $379 5-Day $649 7-Day Enchantment
DEC. $449 5-Day $749 7-Day Navigator

Enchantment is a re-furbished older ship that Katie & I loved! We were on it with Don and Deb and the service was excellent! Enchantment is medium sized, around 80,000 tons & 2,100 passengers. Navigator is the newer sister ship to the Explorer which is the one the Wellington Cruisers were on (it's based in New Jersey now). Navigator is much larger. around 130,000 tons & 3,200 passengers. Bear in mind that there is no guarantee that these same ships will be here in 2010.

So pass the word to anyone interested in going. You cannot imagine how much fun we had in 2005 and then to be spending it with friends who have the same standards!

No comments: