OK. Here's what you've all been waiting for...Katie's story.
Last Thursday, I worked until 5. When I arrived home, there was John, kinda dressed up.
"Are you going somewhere?" I inquired.
"Yeah, I thought maybe we could go out to dinner. How's Kocomo's sound?"
Well, I'm not one to turn down a dinner at a restaurant, even on a Thursday night.
We finished our appetizer, then John suddenly says, "I've decided to cancel our cruise this fall."
Hesitantly, I replied, "Okay....why?"
"I'd rather spend the money to go visit the kids in Utah. Oh, I almost forgot. This came in the mail today." And he hands me a torn-up envelope with a card inside. "It's a thank-you note from Stacia, for our taking her and Keith on the cruise [this coming April]."
I was SO impressed! Stacia is so thoughtful when it comes to sending TY notes! But I was stunned that she would thank us two months BEFORE the cruise! "Aww! She's so SWEET!"
I pulled the card out of the envelope. Sure enough, the front of it said, "THANK YOU." But the picture had baby blocks. I thought that perhaps Stacia had run out of regular TY cards, and maybe used a friends' leftover card. [Duh!] Inside was a picture of a toothbrush handle. Not interested in that....and why is it in there anyway? I read the text in Stacia's handwriting. Oh, that's so sweet of her to thank us in advance! [Anybody want to sell me some SWAMP LAND?!!]
Then came the P.S. -- I'm pregnant, due mid-October.
I broke into TEARS! (Happy tears, of course!) People in the restaurant were probably wondering what had upset me! Good thing it was kinda dark in there....AHA!!! There's my excuse for not recognizing the EPT thing-y! IT WAS DARK IN THERE!!!! I didn't see the "+" [plus sign] until much later, at home -- where the lighting is brighter -- and so, I guess, is ME!
To John's credit, he really kept the secret well (for the hour or two that he kept it to himself). AND, we both kept the secret through Monday! THAT was HARD!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
cool, are you guys thinking of coming out here then? You really didn't have to keep it a secret THAT long, you know.
Yep. We've canceled our cruise in September, and will come out there sometime after the baby's born - either to help out, or just to visit. We want to celebrate Alayna's 2nd birthday, too!!!!!
You are so hilarious! Isn't it funny how dense you can get when there is a surprise waiting for you? That was how it was when Sam proposed to me. I really missed an awful lot of clues... so funny!
Post a Comment