Although I've been with Florida Public Utilities for 39 years, the last 15 have been in the "Parts Department". My job has been to supply our 20 - 25 Service Techs with all the appliance repair parts they need, tools, supplies and to calibrate and maintain their electronic gas detectors. I also processed their work orders, filed warranty claims, sold parts over the counter and several other duties. My "home" for at least the past 10 years has been this 40 ft. trailer. I set it up and stocked it when FPU purchased it. (hence one of my workplace nicknames is "Trailer Trash").

But mostly I'm known as "Parts John".

The counter where the servicemen pick up their parts.

and the $2,000 calibration station and associated test gas cylinders.

From my office door looking toward the counter...

My little office.
Last October, FPU was purchased by Chesapeake Utilities. The changes are coming quickly & many employees have been "let go". Our appliance sales and installation department is in the process of being eliminated while our repair service will be terminated in the next 3 or 4 months. The trailer will then be sold and the number of employees greatly reduced.
1 comment:
wow, i've never even seen your office before
Post a Comment