Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Emily's Doll House

Between August and November 2014 we made a doll house for Emily's Christmas present.

August 26..."The Beginning"!

Everything is laid out and ready to begin!
 
The end of the first day!

After 4 days work!
We were gone most of September so no work was done during that month.

October
Early in October I installed the window frames....

...and siding!

by the 23rd the roof and much of the exterior trim was in place!

the staircase was also in place.

as Halloween approached, I added the shutters, and some of the interior work.  I also prepared the roof for the shingles.

Shingling the roof was tricky so I called in an expert on witchcraft!

November
By the 8th, I completed most of the interior.
We made the furniture in the baby's room and master bedroom but bought the kitchen set.  Hardwood flooring in master bedroom and living room while the kitchen had vinyl flooring tiles.

Katie made the bedding and we ordered the dolls.  I made the pictures on a Printmaster program.

The yellow carpeting we ordered from England but the flower pots and mirrors came from Michaels.

The tapastry rug also came from England and I decided to make the closet door open by adding hinges and mops and pails from Michaels.  The tiny books were mail order and "Frozen" was very popular at that time.

This is what the finished front looked like.

No comments: