
OK. It's me - Katie. And yes, I'm the Harry Potter fan of the family, and proud of it! In fact, no one else in my family wanted to read the books or watch the movies in the early days! I think my kids have seen one or two of the movies by now, though.
During the early 2000s, when I was teaching 6 a.m. Seminary classes to high school kids at church, Leslie B. (not one of MY students, but nevertheless a friend) lent me her Harry Potter books, one by one, until I'd read all FOUR. She eventually went off to college, so my "supplier" was gone. Although I purchased all four DVDs, I allowed myself to lose interest in continuing the saga as books Five and Six were published...until about two months ago. That's when the hype for the "Phoenix" movie, the final book (#7), and the Universal Studios Florida attraction (a replica of Hogsmeade, Hogswart, etc.) caught my eye and won my serious attention
! (Check it out!)
! (Check it out!)Oh, and BTW, I also happen to work at a library now, spending a lot of time in the Children's Department. (That helps....)
Well, I immediately ordered the book from Amazon.com, then checked out the "Order of the Phoenix" book and read it. Then, of course, checked
out "Half-Blood Prince". So, I only had to wait a couple of weeks for the movie. My book arrived yesterday (July 21) at 1:00 p.m. Don't think less of me, but I HAD to turn to the last page or two to find out if Harry lived or died. No, it hasn't ruined the book for me; I can relax now and enjoy the journey through each chapter!
out "Half-Blood Prince". So, I only had to wait a couple of weeks for the movie. My book arrived yesterday (July 21) at 1:00 p.m. Don't think less of me, but I HAD to turn to the last page or two to find out if Harry lived or died. No, it hasn't ruined the book for me; I can relax now and enjoy the journey through each chapter!Note, though, the great restraint I showed by finishing my Sunday School lesson preparations BEFORE beginning chapter one!
3 comments:
I am on chapter 10..... Exciting!
I am so excited to have gotten your email about your cute blog! I love reading people's blogs and staying up to date on their going-on's. I will be back frequently to see whats new, tell your kids they need to get one too! Ours is www.thewirthlins.blogspot.com. I am trying to get my Mom to join the cyber world, I think it may be the challenge of my life thus far.
Love you,
Jilly
Katie,
I love it!!
I too read the ending of the book. I explain why on my blog. Anytime you need a friend to go to the theater with you give a ring and I'll be on the next plane. I love going to the theater too.
C Crismon
Post a Comment