Friday, August 24, 2007

Christmas Shopping The Hard Way

As a typical guy, I hate shopping, unless it's Home Depot. My idea of gift shopping is to sit at the computer & click the mouse a few times. I don't have to get dressed, no traffic, no crowds and no wandering aimlessly through the stores until your feet are ready to fall off. HOWEVER, there is one exception! I enjoy the routine that Katie & I have established in Cozumel. We shop our way toward Los Cinco Soles where we stop for lunch. We enjoy the authentic Mexican food while listening to live music under their covered patio. After lunch we shop our way back down the street and purchase large items we didn't want to carry earlier (Sombrero's, blankets, etc.)
This year we have booked a cruise to do it again after Thanksgiving. Enchantment Of The Seas is 990 feet long and weighs 80,700 tons (a WWII aircraft carrier was 33,000 tons). Although it is not as big as the Explorer Of The Seas, it has all the extras except the ice skating rink. Enchantmen went through a streatch & remodel a couple of years ago. The picture shows a 73 foot section being added to the center of the ship. Other pictures show the My Fair Lady Dining Room, the boutique shops, the lowest price cabin, the bungee-trampoline pool and the main theater.






























We've already started our shopping list and know of one other couple going on the same cruise.













No comments: