
At Thanksgiving, let us once again remember to thank our Heavenly Father for the many blessings we've received. I am especially thankfull for our two children and my wife. I am also thankfull for bringing Kendra's husband, Jeff, into our lives; and this year, for bringing Stacia into Keith's life. I am also gratefull for my brother Michael and for my sisters Kathy and Darlene. Darlene's husband, Rick, has been a part of our family for many years. Although we are not close, I love and respect him. My brother means so much more to me than I can ever communicate to him. Sometimes friends can be as close as family. I have been blessed with a number of long-time close friends. They include Ron & Shauna H., Don & Jan S., Bill & Susan B., Chris & Lorna R., Joel & Melba B., Boyd & Ladene H., Doug & Sharon R., and many more. Also the friends we've met in recent years.
Thanksgiving was always a VERY big event in my family. After we had left home & married, my mom always looked forward to a family gathering at her home. With her passing in January 1993, those gatherings became more difficult. Soon, family moved out of state or went away to school. Now that we are "empty nesters", Thanksgiving has lost most of it's importance. Usually we get together with whatever family is available. This year our Thanksgiving is giving way to Wedding Plans, Christmas Decorating & Cruise Preparations. Our traditional Thanksgiving Dinner will be on Christmas Day with Jeff, Kendra, Keith & Stacia!
No comments:
Post a Comment