
PASSAGE TO ZARAHEMLA
I bought this movie from Deseret Book when I was in Utah earlier this month. And I watched it last night. YOU GOTTA SEE THIS MOVIE! It was SO well done! Kudos to Chris Heimerdinger for the excellent way he wrote, directed, and produced this movie. (He even had a part in it.) Loved the humor and the special effects, too.
Have you read Heimerdinger's "Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites" books? They're aimed at youth; they're full of adventure, and wonderful characterizations, and they help the reader to visualize so many cool parts of the Book of Mormon. Guess I'm a youth at heart, because I've been reading and re-reading them for the past decade or so! If you haven't read them, you'll still be able to thoroughly enjoy this DVD. Especially if you like stories about time shifts. And the Book of Mormon (altho it doesn't go too deeply into doctrines or history).
Cost is about $25. It would make a great Christmas gift for a tween, teen, or for your family. In fact, the DVD's menu allows you to choose the PG-13 "theatrical version," or a milder, less violent version. That's cool.
Hopefully, Chris Heimerdinger will make another "Tennis Shoes" movie soon! Can't wait! (Hey, that's the same feeling I had when I was reading his books!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment