Thursday, May 21, 2009

Where?

From Dear Abby, 5/21/09

"Hawaii IS One Of The 50 States"
My son lives in Hawaii and over the years we have visited him many times. The questions I
have heard travelers ask flight attendants as they deplane in Honolulu run the gamut: "Where
do I go to change money?" "Which side of the road do 'they drive on?" "Is it safe here when
it rains?" or "Is English widely spoken?"

Flori DUH!
I once had to ask a bank teller here in Florida how much it would cost to wire money from my
account to a bank in Minnesota. She said, "Minnesota? Is that in the United States?"

The Missing Link?
I am from Oregon and when I would visit family on the East Coast, some people did not
know where my state is. When I told them it was right above California, more than a few
would then exclaim, "Oh, you're from Canada!"

We're Number 1
People have asked me where I'm from. When I respond, "I'm from Delaware," I am then
asked, "Is that a state?" To which I casually respond, "Yes. The first one."

South Of The Border???
I work for the tourism department in New Mexico. We even received a letter from a wedding
magazine requesting information regarding our "traditional" customs so they could run an
article on our "country."

No comments: