
OK, ladies. I'm sorry I checked out that Glenn Beck book for John!!! He chose the WRONG subject to blog about! This MUST be addressed!
Here I am -- an AVID Jane Austen fan; I recently read all six of her novels, and I'm now re-watching every available movie based on those novels, including DVDs I own, rent, or bring home from the library. I'm also re-visiting Bronte books and movies. JANE EYRE a "bonnet movie?" And I love Emma Thompson. Great actress. Did you ever see her in MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING? Hey, you want "s__ual tension"? Watch PRIDE & PREJUDICE. Whew! It's getting hot in here!

Here I am -- an AVID Jane Austen fan; I recently read all six of her novels, and I'm now re-watching every available movie based on those novels, including DVDs I own, rent, or bring home from the library. I'm also re-visiting Bronte books and movies. JANE EYRE a "bonnet movie?" And I love Emma Thompson. Great actress. Did you ever see her in MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING? Hey, you want "s__ual tension"? Watch PRIDE & PREJUDICE. Whew! It's getting hot in here!

Don't get me wrong - I like Glenn Beck as much as anyone (altho many people SERIOUSLY thing he's crazy). Usually, he makes a lot of sense...but not when it comes to his report on "Bonnet Movies"! Is he calling all females airheads who need to be humored to be won by a guy? I'm beginning to not like him so much....
WHERE ELSE can an intelligent woman find romantic stories of such timeless depth? Austen knew how to write about people's emotions - passion, love, greed, humor, pride, apathy, patience, shame, etc. And she got her studies of human behaviors (or, might I write in Brit-talk, "behaviours") right on the money. Anyone out there agree with me? Please comment! Let's save Jane Austen's reputation!!!!!
1 comment:
I love a great Bonnet Flick! I defend my fellow Bonnet Sisters!
On the other hand, I get what Glenn is saying and just let it go at that. I love him, crazy and all!
Post a Comment