Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!


First, I shall reveal the prank I wanted to pull for a long, long time. Originally I intended to pull it on Kendra when she was single and sharing an apartment with several other girls at BYU. I Still wanted to when she got married and I added Stacia to the "potential victim" list when the poor girl entered our family. Alas, the opportunity never presented itself. I must admit, however, that the joke works really well on blondes and since neither Kendra nor Stacia are blonde....it probably wouldn't have worked.

The Set-up:
We are going to Thanksgiving dinner at the home of Kendra or Stacia. There's going to be a number of people there for dinner and the turkey is already in the oven when we arrive. I also smuggle in 1 of those tiny game birds you see frozen in the grocery store. You know, the ones about the size of a baseball. Some excuse is made to get our victim (Kendra or Stacia) to go to the store for something. While she is gone, I remove the turkey from the oven and remove 1/2 the stuffing. The game bird is placed inside the cavity of the turkey and the stuffing replaced. Nothing more is done or said until dinner. As the stuffing is being scooped out of the finished turkey, our victim will discover the small bird inside. That's when you exclaim "oh my, you've cooked a pregnant turkey"!

Ok, but I thought it was cute!

Anyway, here's a couple of pictures from 1989 when we lived on Boa Circle.


TWAS THE NIGHT OF THANKSGIVING,

BUT I JUST COULDN'T SLEEP.

I TRIED COUNTING BACKWARDS,

I TRIED COUNTING SHEEP.

THE LEFTOVERS BECKONED -

THE DARK MEAT AND WHITE,

BUT I FOUGHT THE TEMPTATION

WITH ALL OF MY MIGHT.

TOSSING AND TURNING WITH ANTICIPATION,

THE THOUGHT OF A SNACK BECAME INFATUATION.

SO, I RACED TO THE KITCHEN, FLUNG OPEN THE DOOR,

AND GAZED AT THE FRIDGE, FULL OF GOODIES GALORE.

GOBBLED UP TURKEY AND BUTTERED POTATOES,

PICKLES AND CARROTS, BEANS AND TOMATOES.

I FELT MYSELF SWELLING SO PLUMP AND SO ROUND,

'TIL ALL OF A SUDDEN, I ROSE OFF THE GROUND.

I CRASHED THROUGH THE CEILING, FLOATING INTO THE SKY,

WITH A MOUTHFUL OF PUDDING AND A HANDFUL OF PIE.

BUT, I MANAGED TO YELL AS I SOARED PAST THE TREES....

HAPPY EATING TO ALL - PASS THE CRANBERRIES, PLEASE.

MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY,

MAY YOUR TURKEY BE PLUMP.

MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY HAVE NARY A LUMP.

MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS.

MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE,

MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER STAY OFF OF YOUR THIGHS!!

No comments: